The scoring for Women’s Fitness competitions will be based on 2 rounds; a Physique round and a Routine round. The below are general guidelines. Since some organizations may have slightly different rules, it is very important to understand the rules for the event you will be competing in.
The Physique round will be judged during prejudging and the Fitness Routine will be performed and scored during finals. The promoter may have up to 3 height classes depending upon the number of competitors.
- Competitors will compete in a two-piece suit. The bottom of the suit must be v-shaped. No thongs are permitted. Competitors can compete in an off the rack suit, however, most competitors wear suits that are custom made. All two-piece suits must be in good taste.
- Competitors must wear high heels and may wear jewelry (normally earrings & a bracelet).
- The contestants will be brought out on stage in one or more lines for quarter turns.
- Judges will have the opportunity to compare competitors against each other.
Judges will score the competitors physiques using the following criteria:
- Overall physical appearance including –
- Overall Presentation
- The contestants should have shape to their muscles but not size, definition or vascularity as in bodybuilding physique. If these are present the contestant will be scored down.
Fitness Routine Round:
Each athlete will perform a maximum two minute routine. The competitors will perform their routine to music and in an outfit of their choosing. Props are normally allowed.
Judges will use four (4) aspects to score this round using the following criteria:
- Strength – the amount and types of strength moves.
- The degree of difficulty of these moves.
- The ease and correctness of the moves
- Flexibility – the number and types of flexibility moves
- The degree of difficulty of these moves
- the ease and correctness of the moves
- Cardiovascular – the tempo of the routine
- Overall Package – Full general assessment including but not limited to creativity, stage presence, outfits, hair and make-up
The mandatory movements within the routine, in no specific order, in Women’s Fitness are as follows:
- Push Up (of any kind)
- High Kicks
- Straddle Hold
- Side Split